PDF documents require Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download this from the Adobe Website for free.
New 2014-2016 GCCGA Officers (left to right) Woody Cline, Vice President; Bill Conway, President; Mike Hemovich, Secretary; Frank DalMolin, Treasurer; and Therese Hicks, Past President.
GCCGA 2014 Annual Steak Fry and Meeting
September 13, 2014 Gila County Cattle Growers Association held the Annual Steak Fry and meeting. Following a steak lunch, many issues affecting the cattle industry now and in the future were discussed including:
- John Coulee, Arizona Game & Fish Department reviewed the wolf issue and its status.
- Dr. Jim Sprinkle, Gila County Extension Director, U of A Extension Services, updated the group about the Reading the Range program; the funding situation and what we can expect in the future.
- Dr. Mitch MaClaren, U of A College of Agriculture, gave a run down on the new ‘Drought Project’.
- Letha Cline, GCCB President, and Linda Brake, Arizona State Cowbelles President, updated the group on state and local Cowbelles’ activities.
- Dan Bell, ACGA President, gave an overview on a wide range of topics and issues at the State and local level.
- Dave Cook, Federal Lands Council, gave us his run down on the PLC and grant money that was handed out. Dave told us that Brenda Richards is the new PLC president from Idaho.
- Kerwin Dewbury, USFS, discussed monitoring on the Tonto, using the Pathway students and travel management. He also introduced Chandler Munday as the new Range Staff on the Tonto.
- Gregg Norton, USDA Farm Service Agency, told us for drought relief you needed to make an appointment by October 1, 2014.
Therese Hicks in closing gave her thought on the USDA mission and how we all in this together, how important it is to continue working together in the future. The 2014-2016 officers were presented. Bill Conway President, Woody Cline Vice President, Mike Hemovich Secretary and Frank DalMolin Treasurer.
© 2013 Gila County Cattle Growers Association
Website Design by JEM Memories in Time